Sunday, July 19, 2009

My best Football Team

I know what I said, but when I don't do this "Best on the market" List right know, I'll forget it.
Well, I'm really into Football. And yesterday I thought which Player I would choose to build my franchise around. It should be an active Player. But I really can't imagine one single player. A Quaterback wouldn't work without a real GoToGuy. And a Smash Mouth RB wouldn't get a single yard with a crappy OLine. If i really have to chose one single Player it would be a Defense guy because they can make a difference in a game by themselfes. But it would be unfair to chose a Linebacker over a Defense Back or the other way around. So I play Waren Sapp for this evening.

Offense:

OLine: Bryant McKinnie (Vikings)
With Walter Jones off the board this guy the MEAN MACHINE. He is the reason why A.P. is this greate. On the inside it's Steve Hutchinson, but I'll always pick a Tackle over a Guard. Bryant is 6.8, 335 pounds Monster. If you think about why the Viks run the OffTackle plays this well, it's because of him.

QB: Vince Young (Titans)
In the modern art of playing ball you got to have a QB who can throw the ball AND run it (just look at the last success of the wildcat formation). So the only other guy who comes to my mind would be Michael Vick, but he'll never play in the NFL again. If somebody now tells me Payton is the much better QB, I'll say yes, but only in the Pocket. I've never seen Payton running fpr 60 or 70 yards and throwing for 300. So, Payton is the better Passer but Vince fits best in the modern way of playing the game.

RB: Adrian Peterson (Vikings)
Yes, another one from Minnesota. He and Bryant are the best combo you can get. And I think there wouldn't be any sceptics about this pic.

FB: Madison Hedgecock (Giants)
As a reate Fullback you have to be the full package. You have to block, run and catch the ball in space. He can do this all and he got swager. I really like this guy. Espacially on this position you need swager.

WR: Larry Fitzgerald (Cardinals)
I've never seen a guy catching balls this great. Double Coverage? So what, throw the ball to him. He'll catch it. A lot of guys would say Randy Moss right here, and with Tom Terrific back on the gridiron there will be also much more. But when he got Double Coverage last year with Brady out, there were other guys to make the big plays. So I pic Larry because he is a Playmaker 24/7.

TE: Tony Gonzales (Falcons)
This is THE Tigth End of the last decades (If we would live in the 70's I would chose Kellen Winslow Sr.). This guy catches the ball like a reciever and blocks you like a Tackle. And now with the Falcons he has the Championship Team he always wanted.

Defense:

DT: Albert Haynesworth (Redskins)
If you are an OLine Man there is one guy in the game you don't want to play against, Albert. He always needs a double team and beats them on a regular basis. Terrific. And I like mean guys on the inside.

DE: DeMarcus Ware (Cowboys)
With Albert in the middle I want the best rushing end in the game, and this is, with no doubt, DeMarcus Ware. He scares QBs with his pure presence. So set him up and you'll get multiple sacks EVERY game.

ILB: Patrick Willis (49ers)
The best Tackler in the NFL in his rookie season? You think thats not possible? It is, in form of Patrick. The guys around him are maybe not the best against the run, but it's not easy to play this consistend in a rookie season. He and Albert on my Team and nobody will ever run the middle.

OLB: Shawn Merriman (Chargers)
Can rush the side where DeMarcus isn't and play it really hard nose against the run. Maybe the best all about Linebacker. So he definitly has a starting job on my Team.

CB: Cortland Finnegan (Titans)
Mr Interception. QBs throw away from him just not to get Intercepted. You may tell me that he only played this well because he has the support of the DLine, but thats exactly what i want to produce.

Safety: Ed Reed (Ravens)
The earth is coverd 2/3 by water, but Ed Reed covers everything. Thats so fucking true. Defently the best Safety in the game. And against the run, oh boy, that guy hits you in the face with 200 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment