Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's getting down

Hi Fellas,

today I want to talk about emotional stuff. The 5 Songs that touches me most, in many different ways. To make a long story short I'll start right away:

Number 5:

Your Song - Elton John


I start with an old time classic. This is one of the songs you like to play when your are alone with a girl and want to ... (I think you mind can tell you). But thats not because you know that it will work, it's because everybody really like the song. And I like Eltons voice so much. And yes, this is a statement, Sir Elton John you are one of the best musicians ever performed.

Number 4:

Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton


That's an easy call. It's Eric, it's the song and the story to this song. If somebody does a list of emotional songs you can't miss out this one.

Number 3:

Bridge over troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkle

This could be the number one if Eva Cassidy wouldn't have passed away and draged attention to her interpretation of "Somewhere over the Rainbow".

Number 2:

Halleluja - Jeff Buckley

OK, everybody who knows about music will kill me right now. Leonard Cohen is a master and this song is his masterpiece. But when it comes down to performance and singing I think he just did to much. Jeff Buckley, just a gitare, that enough and holds so much more emotions.

And the winner is:

Somewhere over the Rainbow - best Performance by Eva Cassidy


This song is so incredible great. When this song is played I'll can't move and always have to hold my tears. Why Eva Cassidy? Well, first of all her Interpretation is extra ordinary great. Sadly she passed away some years ago. Greate Artist performed one of the greatest songs of all time. I also do like the original by Israel Kamakawiwo, well it's the original and no interpretation, but Eva's voice just stands out.

No comments:

Post a Comment